1. Content & Purpose
1.2 The Website is a platform that facilitates the purchase of pharmaceutical products (hereinafter referred to as “Services”). The Services would be made available to such natural persons who have agreed to become buyers on the Website after obtaining due registration, in accordance with the procedure as determined by OPC, from time to time (referred to as “You” or “Your” or “Yourself” or “User”, which terms shall also include natural persons who are accessing the Website merely as visitors). The Services are offered to the Users through various modes which shall include issue of discount coupons and vouchers that can be redeemed for various goods/ services offered for sale by OPC.
1.3 We have implemented reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with the information assets being protected and with the nature of our business. While we try our best to provide security that is commensurate with the industry standards, because of the inherent vulnerabilities of the internet, we cannot ensure or warrant complete security of all information that is being transmitted to us by you.
- The type of Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that OPC collects from the Users;
- The purpose of collection, means and modes of usage of such Personal Information by OPC;
- How and to whom OPC will disclose such information;
- How OPC will protect the Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information that is collected from the Users; and
- How Users may access and/ or modify their Personal Information.
2. What is the personal information?
2.1 “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available with OPC, is capable of identifying the person concerned.
2.2 “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means Personal Information of any individual relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by OPC for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
3. Types of personal information collected by OPC:
3.1 A User may have limited access to the Website and utilize some of the Services provided by OPC without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can access some of the information and details available on the Website. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User may be required to first create an account on our Website. As part of the registration process, OPC may collect the following categories of Personal Information from the Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”):
- User ID;
- Email address;
- Address (including country and ZIP/postal code);
- Phone Number;
- Password chosen by the User;
- Valid financial account information; and
- Other details as the User may volunteer.
- Registration of the User on the Website;
- Processing the User’s orders / requests and provision of Services (including provision of safe Services);
- Completing transactions with Users effectively and billing for the products/ Services provided;
- Technical administration and customization of Website;
- Ensuring that the Website content is presented to the Users in an effective manner;
- Delivery of personalized information and target advertisements to the User;
- Improvement of Services, features and functionality of the Website;
- Research and development and for User administration (including conducting user surveys);
- Non-personally identifiable information, exclusively owned by OPC may be used in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for internal research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes including those for the purposes of determining the number of visitors and transactional details, and OPC may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints or disputes and other customer care related activities including those arising out of the Users’ request of the Services and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- In case of any contests conducted by OPC in which the User participates, the User Information may be used for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering;
- Verification of identity of Users and perform checks to prevent frauds; and
5. Disclosure and transfer of your personal information:
- To other service providers appointed by OPC for the purpose of carrying out services on OPC’s behalf under contract. Generally these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the Personal Information collected in connection with the provision of these services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- To our affiliates in India or in other countries who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us.
- If otherwise required by an order under any law for the time being in force including in response to enquiries by Government agencies for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- In case of contests conducted by OPC in which the User participates, the concerned User’s information may be disclosed to third parties, also be disclosed to third parties to the extent necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of such contest or similar offering.
6. Retention of the information:
6.2 Part of the functionality of the Website is to maintain and organize such information to effect sale and purchase of products. OPC may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to service providers who request access to such information.
6.3 The Website is also designed for assisting the Users to access information relating to pharmaceutical products. OPC may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant Users.
6.4 OPC will also ensure that User Information is not kept for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which it is collected or as required under any applicable law.
7. Links to third-party advertisments:
7.1 The links to third-party advertisements, third party websites or any third party electronic communication services (referred to as “Third Party Links”) may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with OPC unless expressly specified on the Website.
8. Security practices and procedures:
12. Complaints and grievance redressal:
12.1 OPC addresses discrepancies and grievances of all Users with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner. For this purpose, OPC has designated a grievance officer, who will redress the grievances of the Users expeditiously but within one month from the date of receipt of grievance, and who can be reached by:
- Sending a letter marked to the attention of “Grievance Officer, 24/7 Online Pharma Care, 82, Janakiraman Layout, Bangalore 560043”, or
- Sending an email to email@example.com
24/7 Online Pharma Care, 82, Janakiraman Layout, Bangalore 560043